Friday, July 13, 2012

Bridal on a Budget

I recently got married and was not willing to pay very much for a dress. Plus I wasn't really looking for something too bridally. My suggestion for brides to be is to search for evening gowns at places like Nordstrom, Saks, or Cache and find them in a white, cream or ivory color. They will be fabulous gowns and probably under $500. 

Here is a link to the one I chose. You can find it on eBay, Nordstrom, and other places, just google it! I am actually selling mine which is in excellent condition, $75! Email me at tnamore@yahoo.com if you are interested.

Also, VERY IMPORTANT, if you find a dress you love but it's out of your range, try Recycled Bride which has gently used dresses and you can easily search for the exact style you want.

I also found a few recommendations from Refinery 29:

There are a lot of great dresses on J. Crew, wonderful silhouettes and great fabrics. $495

$462.68


I love this style, it's unique, a little retro, and great length to show off some stunner shoes! $405

This could be your dress for a beach or more casual wedding, or it could be the fun reception dress. The price makes it easy to afford a costume change! $475

This is good for someone who may be a little more conservative, or going for a retro feel. You could really jazz this one up with a belt in an accent color. Love this silhouette. $368

Tea length is very popular now. And this dress has a great retro vibe. A simple alteration could turn this into a sleeveless dress if long sleeves isn't what you are looking for. $249.99

This is one of my favorites. It is simple enough for a casual wedding or costume change, but it can completely stand on its own. This is a stunner! A great hair piece and fab shoes... Oh my! $450





No comments:

Post a Comment